RealFactionRealFaction

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 1,407 Fans

Gunmetal Black Ep 24 Gunmetal Black Ep 24

Forgot you used my music in this xD haha thanks. Awesome, been looking foward to this. Music is a bit quiet though. Forgot to credit my music though meh oh well. Awesome though, sounds were a little off timing, but i imagine this was hard to save after a dying computer. Good job still.

Kel-chan responds:

Sry I'll update the credits

DBM EP5 PREVIEW DBM EP5 PREVIEW

Great so far but some of the sound effects are too loud and make that clipping/click noise from being blasted too loud. Same goes with 1:25, the voice actor's voice clips. Omg is that Piper? o///o well oh my <3 who is that character anyway?

Peck! Peck!

This could potentially turn into a hilarious series, make another one of these Peck and Coach characters. Love it.

Zombidle Zombidle

I really hope you're reading these comments because they're important for BUG REPORTS. Love this game I've played it since release, HOWEVER, Sometimes off and on for some reason even though I AM a Supporter on NG, it sometimes doesnt pick that up and has been really glitchy as of late :/ do you guys test this enough? You really need to test your updates more often....

Anyway, good game, but please fix it.

Authentic Octopus Game (Demo) Authentic Octopus Game (Demo)

Loved it. And as for everyone rating this game down (probably because it's a demo), look, theres a lot of free games on newgrounds, and artists need support, do you expect them to do everything free? Vote for them on Steam! There may not be a whole lot here but it's kinda fun for what it is right now, and with everything else coming, I'd play it. Good job.

squidly responds:

Thank you, and you're right about the free stuff. Gotta make a living, right? But you also gotta give people bang for their buck.

Royal Heroes Royal Heroes

You claim it's the ads slowing down the game, but you have to understand now....I have no ads because im a Supporter on NG, removing all ads. It's not the ads slowing the game down, it's the programming. You need to fix this. I have a fast gaming computer, high end, and inbetween clicks it lags. A smooth-running game shouldn't do that.

I found it hard to enjoy this game simply because of that, I shouldn't have to deal with a frustrating click problem. Sorry guys. 3 stars for effort and nice graphics.

A.I.M - Entering the Beast A.I.M - Entering the Beast

So right off the bat the mixing and recording need a lot of work. If you played all these instruments yourself recording them kudos for that. I think the bass is probably fine, but there's no "power" in the mixing of the guitar or drums. And also the guitar clips some in the beginning and the parts it's by itself, or maybe it's too much fuzz on the distortion, not sure.

The drums are panned out well and I think the cymbals sound ok, but the mixing really needs work. The kick needs more low end, and needs to sound less nasally if that makes sense, sounds like there's too much in the mids. The guitars either need to be recorded better, or need better mixing. The snare sounds ok but could also use adjusting in the mix, but the cymbals are a bit too loud. The levels need some adjusting.

I can't really say this fits the picture though. As far as the melody and stuff, It's not bad, would sound better with tweaks in the mix. I like the breakdown, but the tapping on the ride is too loud and sharp which distracts from the melody a bit. This has a nice melody to it though. The drum work is done really well as far as how you played if this was recorded, but either way, the way the way the drums were arranged are nice as well as the other instruments.

I did enjoy this song though, good melody, mixing isn't terrible but not great, but I can still enjoy it. The other judges can probably touch on things I can't. I'm still going to school for mixing and stuff. Overall with some mixing improvement this could potentially be a great song, and I think it's a good song even with the mixing now even though it's not superb mixing.

Good job though, keep up the good work, I enjoyed this. Can't wait to see what you make as you improve.

daredevil424 responds:

Thanks a lot for the review / judging. I know I have a huge problem with mixing even after all this time with making music. I just need to find the time to learn to mix correctly. I believe the clipping in the guitar is probably from the distortion I use.

I played all the instruments except for the drums which are a VSTi.

I need to learn how to cut out certain frequencies on the guitars / bass and how to give the music "Power" as you stated.

AIM - ホーガンのデッド AIM - ホーガンのデッド

This is really relaxing but it's downside is that it's super repetitive and though it does have dynamics, and good synths, it doesn't satisfy that craving of wanting a changeup sooner in the song. It's the same melody for most of the song.

The great part about it is I love what's there so far, the mixing is great, and the drums are awesome, I love everything about it, the only issue I see is that it doesn't show enough variation. Other than that great job.

By the way, that's japanese right? What does it mean?

Reptiore responds:

Hogan's Dead (was originally entitled Hulk Hogan's Dick as a joke, because it was soft and minimal.) I just wanted to be a weird-ass.

AIM - Unstoppable AIM - Unstoppable

AIM Judge Review
-----------------------------------

I really like how this opened up and has a lot of retro elements. The drums are slamming. I love the swing of the beat. Definitely fits the picture. I feel it could pick up a little more with the melody earlier on, it feels like it stays the same for a while. I like that choir, but the attack needs to be adjusted so they hit more instantly. I feel it shouldn't be as repetitive as it is and could use more variation, but I definitely like this piece. Great job. It would be better with a couple more changeups, more variation in the melody, and a couple more added synths.

Good job.

TIMETRAVL responds:

thank you, i could have worked more on a variation and adding more synths, but that is not was I was going for, I needed the repetitive structure to build up aggression an adrenaline for the listener. As soon as I saw jpversus' pic i immediatly knew what i was gonna make, it had to be something in the style in hotline miami soundtrack :D

Ofc I don't want to change your opinion, everyone hears music differently, but I just wanted to explain how I designed my track :D

BERT &amp;amp; ERNIE BERT & ERNIE

haha that's awesome. I love your interpretation here.

b0em responds:

Thanks! Glad you like them.

Art Trade with JohnnyUtah Art Trade with JohnnyUtah

Man it looks just like his style! Good job. That game was a lot of fun because *censored by Tom Fulp* but that really made the game what it is. :) interesting change from your usual stuff, though your usual stuff is awesome too.

Art Inspired Music 2016 Art Inspired Music 2016

love love love it. Great with details and the colors. And it matches the theme :)