All 172 art Reviews

Box It Up Box It Up

Definitely indeed. Good point.

Pixel le chat Pixel le chat

Well awww.....thats a cute name, sorry for her loss :(. Beautiful detailed tribute in memory of the lil guy. Good job.

Time Slipping Time Slipping

Well, this isn't really pixel art. It's more painting like. Carrion is indeed an inspiration, he's awesome at this stuff. Good job on details though, the ice I think is the most impressive feature with the details. The thing is, it's too detailed to really be considered pixel art. Not a bad thing, but it has it's issues. You're getting better though. I feel like the shading in some places could be worked on, and really you want to give it a vibe of sharpness.

There's a way to make the moon's glow without smudging it, check out some old games. I want to say there was one in the very first Harvest Moon at the ending, but I could be wrong. Some old games have a moon. Anyway, good job, keep practicing, and check out some tutorials, that definitely helped me. :)

LDAF responds:

Yep, I agree with just about everything you said. Next time I get a chance to do pixel art, some of the first things I'm going to do are work with a lower resolution and probably limit my color palette. Like you said, a vibe of sharpness is king in pixel art. Thanks for the tips, and thanks for taking the time to review!

Pixel Day Pixel Day

Haha! I don't know why, but this gave me a funny thought of what's going on here:
A washed up old retired tank man who is like, 66 years old, goes to a bar and tells his depressing stories of war and dick jokes to the bartender. LOL I love it! This really speaks Newgrounds, and on top of that, impressive shading and lighting. Good job.

ArcadeHero responds:

Hah! You've got it :P
Thanks a lot man! Glad you like it c:

There Be Dragons Here There Be Dragons Here

Hmm...one issue i have is that most of the picture is well, a photo, and not pixel art. However, it is cool to put pixel art over a photo in a way. Not bad. I feel there could be a bit more detail, but it's nice.

Rai Cover Rai Cover

You know, a pixel comic book would be pretty awesome to see. Nice details, it has both the feel of a game, and a comic book cover. This is something like Marvel would do (hero looking wise). Good job!

Miroko responds:

This is an actual comic book from Valiant Comics wish I made it.
Thank you!

The Jester The Jester

Whats interesting about this piece, is that the quality looks slightly reduced, so it looks like some sort of game over screen on an old tv, minus the scan lines. That's really impressive. The demonstration of lighting and shading and colors are all very impressive. This image alone is quite inspirational for an experimental game, if anyone were to make it. It says a lot. Great job on the shading and everything. It's dark, but I feel like this speaks to me with such meaning.

TheDyingSun responds:

Huh, now that you mention it does look like a game over screen. I'll take into consideration using it for a game or something. Thanks!

I'm tired I'm tired

Another piece for pixel day??? Wow, nice! I can't tell which is more impressive, this one, or your other one. Because, this has some insane artistic beauty in it. It's both beautiful, artistic, and photo-realistic in a sense like some old games were with pixel graphics. You've got some serious talent. I don't even know what else to say about it, but this is really something special. :) amazing job.

i think i'm starting to like where this is going on i think i'm starting to like where this is going on

Some people might look past this, but I'm highly impressed by the detail and yet variety of colors on the skull head. That is awesome. This is a really vivid vibrant detailed piece that looks like it would make an awesome cover of an old video game. Not to mention, you made a pixelated version of the Earth. My god....all that takes some serious skills! Amazing job.

New profile picture [PIXEL DAY] New profile picture [PIXEL DAY]

This is pretty good, and detailed. I'm not sure what you did to smooth out the pixels, but it doesn't look sharp, it looks more smooth, which kind of kills the vibe, looks more oily. Other than that, good use of shading and detail.

Arja responds:

Thanks for the review! ;D
The smoothing effect is commonly used in emulators in the effects tab. I like that effect, but I guess it is a personal preference.

I put a link in the desc to a more pixelated version.