AstroGard AstroGard

Not bad but a few complaints. Overall the visuals are okay but....it feels like pixels scattered around too much rather than following a pattern. The HP bar looks nice though, but having at the bottom feels a bit...strange. It's a bit too big mainly, keeps my eyes looking away from the character. I like how the first boss looked though. But the yellow pipes feel stolen from Mario.

I like the mechanics of this game though, good programming, but I feel this game's potential is hardly seen here, could use a lot more than what it's offering, but not bad for a start. The music is alright.

josephbourgeois responds:

They do look pretty similar to Mario pipes/ although the play mechanic was more of a tribute to the enemy pipes in NES metroid and were drawn by hand. I thought it was OK since the pixel day idea is to tribute to older games :) Thanks for playing. Of course it could be better if we spent more than 8 days on it.

ADARAN ADARAN

Very addicting. Love it. The visuals are attractive, the music is catchy and awesome, the gameplay and programming overall just...solid! No complaints here. Nice job guys.

Miroko responds:

Thank you, man I'll try to make something even more solid next year. :D

A Fire Extinguisher Astronaut A Fire Extinguisher Astronaut

Well... the gameplay is alright, only complaint is I feel it shouldn't be inverted with the mouse but follows the mouse. The graphics are okay but could be a little better. Music isn't bad. Overall though I can't say it kept my interest long, but not bad.

EddieNiga responds:

Thanks for the review

MAKE IT as an Artist MAKE IT as an Artist

You totally get the struggle. I used to feel like this sometimes. I'm making a series on beating depression, and this is a topic i should cover in my series. You inspired me. Also hearing Piper's sentences here and there in the background, it's a nice touch, and those are common thoughts during an artist's struggle during depression. Nice touch on the subject, good artwork. Though it's a simple game, it's a strong, deep, dark message that's too true.

deathink responds:

I'm glad you like it bro.

She. She.

Not bad for a jam but as a game....well....it doesn't really feel like a game as it does an interactive walking simulator. This is a good start, graphics are fine, programming is fine, but it seems more like a teaser for something bigger. This alone was kind of....i want to say pointless. I don't mean to sound like a jerk if I do, but There's no real goal here.

Sure, you read messages, you flip levers, you find "her", but thats it. It was way too easy and not enough complexity to it, but almost. It's missing something to make it a more interesting/challenging puzzle game, but if this is all you could complete for a jam, then not bad. I think you should expand on this idea, or your next game could build on these ideas and make something even more.

Zombidle Zombidle

I really hope you're reading these comments because they're important for BUG REPORTS. Love this game I've played it since release, HOWEVER, Sometimes off and on for some reason even though I AM a Supporter on NG, it sometimes doesnt pick that up and has been really glitchy as of late :/ do you guys test this enough? You really need to test your updates more often....

Anyway, good game, but please fix it.

Authentic Octopus Game (Demo) Authentic Octopus Game (Demo)

Loved it. And as for everyone rating this game down (probably because it's a demo), look, theres a lot of free games on newgrounds, and artists need support, do you expect them to do everything free? Vote for them on Steam! There may not be a whole lot here but it's kinda fun for what it is right now, and with everything else coming, I'd play it. Good job.

squidly responds:

Thank you, and you're right about the free stuff. Gotta make a living, right? But you also gotta give people bang for their buck.

Royal Heroes Royal Heroes

You claim it's the ads slowing down the game, but you have to understand now....I have no ads because im a Supporter on NG, removing all ads. It's not the ads slowing the game down, it's the programming. You need to fix this. I have a fast gaming computer, high end, and inbetween clicks it lags. A smooth-running game shouldn't do that.

I found it hard to enjoy this game simply because of that, I shouldn't have to deal with a frustrating click problem. Sorry guys. 3 stars for effort and nice graphics.

Punch The Trump Punch The Trump

Alright, I havent seen anyone say this, but it's a major issue, so I'm going to point it out. You did NOT credit ANY of the music and sounds you stole from games, and whatever artists, which is honestly not good legal practice, even if it is a free game, you should always credit what you use that isn't yours.

With that said, the programming is good, and this reminds me of the old Assassin days of NG, which I always had mixed feelings about, but I guess it's a good part of NG history. I'm not one to really spread hate or such, but I also know good humor. Anywho, overall this is everything I expected it to be and more, so good job. But next time, be sure to credit your sources of music and sound.

PS: There's plenty of good music on NG you could use and link to.

Puppy Stew Puppy Stew

I have to say, this is quite creative. This has a variety of minigames all to save the puppies. The graphics are great. It's got some interesting variety, and though the minigames are simple, it provides that variety as I mentioned. I like the music as well. great job!