Proxy Proxy

Simple, not bad, but TOO simple. There should at least be an option every time someone dies to kill the murderer, otherwise it's a one scene game, which really isn't good. I love the idea here, but you need to give the player more options, alternate cutscenes if you kill people too early. Yes, it would take a lot of work, but that's what you do when you make a game. There would be more endings, less deaths, but the girl in the center would always die. Good graphics and programming, but needs to be longer and have more options.

HYDRA HYDRA

Not gonna lie, love this game, but frustrated spending so long trying to find the freakin special mode. I tried fiddling with flames and got people's hints but still...nothing. PM me, I give up. Lol it's fun though, just want to get farther.

OctoFlash responds:

sure, i'll give you a hint. but it's easier for me to just respond to incoming PMs, so you better PM me!

SUV Parking 3D SUV Parking 3D

The graphics are alright I guess, but what really bugs me is the fact there is so much looseness to the driving, meaning, when you let go of the keys when you turn, it keeps turning a bit so it's causing the driving to be sloppy. It doesn't look like much effort goes into these games...you always make car games...you make something more original. They all feel too much the same.

I mean it's a game, about parking a car in a normal every day life environment....this was frontpaged why? Well you haven't seemed to listen to previous comments from your last games, so ok then....

Hipstercalypse Hipstercalypse

Stereotypes: The Game. That's enough to make me hate this game, being ignorant and all. BUT, I'm going to critique the other elements as well. I like the artwork, and the animation work, that is well done. The programming is alright, not bad. Also, too short, as many have mentioned. I WILL say these type of people can annoy me like when they say "yolo" and "swag", two words that shouldn't be a part of anyone's vocabulary imo, but still, I don't think one should make a game on a group of individuals making fun of them and all. It's just poor taste.

Basically, work on programming some, the artwork is fine, and please PLEASE do something that isn't so low brow...make a better story that's creative and interesting, or get someone on here to write it. Also, music could be better. It's well mixed and has some potential but it's empty, I assume you were imitating that irritating "Trap music" that I've heard before (shouldn't be a genre really).

It's good to have opinions, but when making a game, I think it's best to make something more positive or constructive. Something with SOME depth.

kokos0102 responds:

First of all, thanks for your review!
I liked the idea of an hipster apokalypse as a game concept and I think the implementation is also ok. Sure, this game is stereotypic, but it doesn't prentend to be something else. I think it's obvious that it doesn't take itself too serious.

P-Bot Has No Hope In NG P-Bot Has No Hope In NG

This is one of the most patriotic things I've seen on NG in a long time. As in, true to NG's old spirit from the good days. I really wish some animators would get their heads out of their asses and listen to this insightful advice. They're talented, just making really crappy animations due to this nonsense. Problem is youtube and they're only supporting youtube this way. NG's frontpaging this crap and it only ENCOURAGES this. If the frontpaging of this crap would stop, it would put NG one foot forward to more originality and respect from others one would hope.

If only all of the events in this were true, except for the death of youtube. I prefer the death of Google, then Youtube becoming what it originally was supposed to be again like the old days. Anyways, some of the game felt repetitive but for what it was (knowing some of it was supposed to be crappy on purpose like some cutscenes with funny dialogue) was good for a parody of the long "depression" ng has been in. It has had ups and downs but we need it to make a real come back.

With this said, well done. it's good to know you guys still remember the old spirit of NG. Coming from an NG veteran from 2003 (including my previous account), I salute you, soldiers. I hope this becomes more noticed and taken to heart by these animators and the people across the site. This should be seen more often.

Cyroad Cyroad

Really awesome idea, but it's very glitchy. When I stay on the right side, it's fine, but for some reason, it freezes up time after time if i move to the left, im running on a fast gaming computer. Though it's odd, the background moves, just the guy gets stuck moving so it's like theres invisible road blocks on that side for some reason. When I'm on the right side though, fluid movement.

Gah I hope you can fix it because I really wanna play this game! Now it's isn't entirely addicting but I realize it's a Jam game but for what it is, it's awesome, great programming artwork and music. But who made the music? i don't see credit for that, unless you made it? What I really like is at the end the robot voice tells you your score, I imagine that took effort and I haven't seen that feature on a newgrounds game before. Nice work :)

Truck Rush 3 Truck Rush 3

Hey i was wondering when this would come out! Could you add me in the game via the project system as well so it shows both of us in the "credits and info" section to the left on this page? Cool game man, took a while to get out but it's fun :3 nice job.

Lovely Bird Lovely Bird

Man...not you too...:/

Flappy Craft Flappy Craft

Do not encourage ripping off people's games, this one counts. 1 star for good programming and good art but it's minecraft basically and that's lack of originality and pretty much hopping on the flappy bird wagon for sake of grabbing attention. Flappy bird ripped off the artwork of Super Mario brothers, and an app that came out in 2007 which the developer spoke out against flappy bird for that.

On the plus side, your programming and art skills are good but please for the sake of originality, put your talents to better use. You can make a good original game.

Labyrinth: SoS Labyrinth: SoS

Ok, I love everything about this, the music...i could see as an orchestral piece as well, it's really great! I love everything really just my only complaint is the restart the WHOLE level when you die thing is a major turnoff...though it reminds me of the Nintendo hard days. Well done.

PestoForce responds:

It's kind of a staple of this genre of game (roguelike). It makes you have to proceed very carefully and increases the pressure the further you go.

Thanks for the review though, make sure to check out Genclops' user page and his SoundCloud!