38 game Reviews with Responses

Meat Marathon Meat Marathon

My will power amounts to 0.31 km lmao good one.

Evil-Dog responds:

damn! haha

Yucatec Yucatec

Love the music but it doesn't look like pixel art to me....could use some work on the visuals. The bugs make it a little hard to play sometimes but not bad. I wish you credited the music though doesn't say who made it so....don't know if it's copyrighted or not. It's an interesting refreshing narrative but needs a lot of work to show it's true potential. Nice to see a stealth game again.

Deklaration responds:

"Art" is subjective, but I would say the characters are atleast pixels.

I bought the licence to the music, so it's not copyright infringement. But you're absolutely right, I should give credit to the creator.

Thanks for playing, and for the feedback!

Where's my Face! NewGrounds DEMO Where's my Face! NewGrounds DEMO

Couldn't play this on Firefox had to switch to Chrome. Iwould love to play this but...it's unplayable. I havea high end computer but it's laggy as hell....gahhhh. It looks so good too!! :c It's got great visuals....and good music. Really hoping I can see more of a cleaned up version of this game in the future. Keep me updated! I really want to play this.

RICHMO responds:

Hey dude, its the game maker export. It sucks complete ass. I tested it it again another engine I made in like 10 minutes with literally just squares as the graphics, and it actually ran worse. I'll keep on keepen on trying to find a fix. But at the moment its pretty hard. Sorry man :(

The Shyning The Shyning

Reminds me of DeathInk's games. He'd love this. Reminds me of the good old Sierra MS-DOS gaming days. I feel there could be slightly more to do, but it's kinda fun for what it is now. Nice work.

Raeldor responds:

I just tried one of DeathInk's games. And I must say his take on how to make it as an artist took a similar feeling of hopelessness I intended with all the diferent paths on my game although they are conceptually different the intent in them was similar i think.

Thanks for pointing me to his work. I like it a lot!

Split Space 2017 Split Space 2017

Very nice. Reminds me of the old days i'd go to Pizza Hut in the 90's and play some shoot em' up games with my best friend. It feels a bit slow though in pace, feel it could pick up more. I like the music and visuals and overall gameplay though, I haven't the time to play too far but is there item pickups? I havent seen any, feel that would enhance the game. Good tribute to shmups.

JauqAr responds:

Glad you like my game, but sadly there are no item pickups. I ran out of time for pixel day. If I decide to make some sort of a sequel, item pickups will definitely be in there.

Thanks,
Jauq

S.M.O.L. S.M.O.L.

Creative, though a bit short, love the graphics, and the music. Some parts were challenging. Would be cool to see this with like 50+ different challenges. Nice work.

BoMToons responds:

I agree, a ton of orbs flying around would be ssssswwwwwweeeeeet!

Minute of Rage Minute of Rage

I already posted this comment in one of your posts but not sure what else to say about it.

I really like it but I feel it needs improvements. My issue mainly is with the statues on the sides that shoot stuff, it comes without much warning (same with the disappearing blocks), and is harder to see. The music, the drums and guitar don't match in rhythm with the time, it's offtime, not alligned, it's hard to listen to. It's a nice track but if those were synced up together better would be nice to listen to.

Other than that, great artwork, great gameplay, challenging! I love it. Controls are great and the gamepad compatibility makes it even better. I can't see the text show up in Firefox so I had to use Google Chrome to play it.

Wolod responds:

Thanks for playing! I'm really glad that you enjoyed it.

Thanks for the feedback.
Rapid statues and block animations are part of the hardcore gameplay. This stuff is not so hard to dodge once you get used to it.
Music isn't perfect, but I'm not a musician, you know :D I'll consider using some help in the future. There so many talented guys here on the audio portal.
I've checked Firefox issue already. Everything works fine on the latest version 50.1.0.

Drill away Drill away

It's hard for me to play this game, I have a high end computer but after every game over it freezes my computer up for like 10 seconds or so. The gameplay....moving around is weird, I find it hard to play. I feel the graphics could use some work but not bad, but gameplay and bugs could be fixed. Not bad though but...need work.

TheOverGhoul responds:

Yeah, sorry about that.
I agree actually, this is a pretty bad game, though it could be better if i would work on it some more, sadly i'm completely busy at the moment and i can't make some time for this game and its bugs.
Anyway, thanks for the review :)

Cyber Remix Cyber Remix

Love the graphics, and I like the music and symbolism but the 3rd minigame kinda ....bothered me and left me confused. I feel like at the end of each game there should be some explanation as to what's going on. The first game made sense to me, but the others didn't. Also there should be a seizure warning for the bonus game (but warning at the start of the game overall).

Can you explain what all this is exactly? Not much context besides the case study thing which I found interesting. It left me confused, but is interesting. It had some fun minigames, but the "terrorist" minigame just...it really bothers me. Also, it's too hard, it's annoying to get shocked every other second, I feel that could be toned down a bit.

Well programmed and drawn, but I feel could use more explanation. Most important, not even a tutorial was given so it was kinda annoying to figure out the controls. You should add that in. Nice work though.

Gurgie responds:

Thanks for the review!

Most of my recent games here are from my experiment Gurgosus (collectible QR code cards that work/look like famicom cartridges) modified to fit newgrounds. The design in these games is inappropriate, kitschy (high inspiration in cheap famicom bootlegs, popular in my country in the 90's), memory based and sometimes unforgiving to fit the lore.

This one, Cyber Remix, is based on my friend and tuber Cyber Marian. He did let me make his "licensed game", but didn't engage in my creative process that much. In his videos he often wears different costumes, like mafioso, gardener, boxer etc. as a joke. That could be interpreted as a mental disorder, so I did, and made this game using that concept.

All of the minigames use other games from my console (Happy, Spectre Hounds and An Hero) with modified graphics to fit the character Marian. It was designed to be a tournament game for my platform, and I organized tournaments a few times at conventions.

The terrorist one is based on his gadget "Cyber Glasses", and the player is eliminating anyone not wearing these - the non believers of his work.

In the future I will make sure the newgrounds versions of these games fits newgrounds standards better (obviously, I plan making newgrounds specific games as well :p). Thank you.

Avoid Sameness Avoid Sameness

Not bad but theres no tutorial on this....not good. I like the music though. The graphics could use a little work. Also, when you die, and restart the game, there's two overlapping tracks of the music. This is a nice concept of a game but I feel it could be tweaked to be better, and have a little more depth.

AwesomeAndreas responds: