All 173 art Reviews

Cheetahmen III Cheetahmen III

ha! Nice. I feel the shading could use a little more but not bad at all.

LexaHergon responds:

Thanks. I will work on that shading.

Western Pixel artwork Western Pixel artwork

Hey surprised you submitted :) nice to see ya again. This is awesome, and somehow hilarious, but I think it's because of how he's walking in place but something about the expression he's making....also nice background. Somehow I can see this guy in a comedic short game. Nice work!

Untitled Platformer Untitled Platformer

Neat! Can't wait to see the full thing!

Ancient Aliens Ancient Aliens

Love it! Nice work! Though my only complaint is I wish the view was a bit bigger instead of being so small. Love the details and the shading.

Raeldor responds:

I sometimes forget about upscaling the art when I'm done working on it at low resolutions. :P

Newgrounds in Metroidvania 2 Newgrounds in Metroidvania 2

Holy moly....you referenced Pixel Day submissions. Man....this is beautiful! Amazing detail! Sorta on the fence about referring to non-original characters overall but there's a lot of original stuff here from others on NG. This seems to be your biggest piece yet! :) I love it. Keep on goin man <3 its insane how many characters are in this.

ScepterDPinoy responds:

Thank you. I'll keep that in mind I will make a third Newgroundsvania of Heaven (good video game characters) battling against Hell (bad video game characters). >:)

In Pixel Day 2019 the fourth part remains a mystery!

Pixels Pixels

Hilarious take on the pixel movement lol very creative. I like the art, and nice that it's animated. Thanks for contributing! :)

ChazDude responds:

No probs!

Dinos vs UFOs Dinos vs UFOs

I thought this was informative, hilarious, and pleasing to the eyes. Biggest indeed, and quite amazing to look at. I freakin' love this piece. The shading, the colors....it's beautiful! Also the hilarious twist on what happened to the dinos, that's a nice touch of humor. I'd love to have a poster of this in my room...gimme?

Steampunk Scraps Steampunk Scraps

Loving the MS-DOS game graphics reference! Fun times. Great attention to detail, and an interesting theme, haven't seen anything quite like this scene before. Where is this scene putting us if I may ask? A palace? Nice job :) Love the details.

TheDyingSun responds:

Thanks! And yup, a palace. While drawing, I was thinking about a place where a committee of scientists would meet in secret. If you think about it, it would make sense to be underground.

Dreamful Tripod Dreamful Tripod

Very nice! I have some issues with the shading of the rock with all those lines, but at the same time it's kinda interesting to look at, mixed feelings. I'll say that's a creative move. It's both traditional and non-traditional pixel art, and that's an interesting combination. I like it. This would make a fun game to play with that guy as a character.

LDAF responds:

Thanks for the review! That blend of traditional vs. non-traditional pixel art was what I was going for, and I think it hit a lot closer to that goal than my submission from last year. I'm definitely going to fine-tune that style as time goes on, at least every Pixel Day.

i like drawing because it makes me forget about myself i like drawing because it makes me forget about myself

Just when I thought you couldn't top your submissions from last year....this is the most beautiful piece I've ever seen from you <3 oh mah god. Can I have a poster of this??? :D I love space-related stuff and this is beautiful, I love the concept. Perfect, and more impressive that it's animated. You have an amazing eye for detail.