All 173 art Reviews

Faithful Faithful

I love Tom of Toonami. The animation looks a little choppy, it could use another frame i mean, but this is really cool looking! The outline has some extra black dots it does need in a few areas for detail, but mostly good!

Xsplosive responds:

Hey thanks a lot! And yeah, it's super rough, this was my first time trying to make a sprite and also my first time trying to animate one. Definitely a learning experience!

8-Bit Shovel Knight 8-Bit Shovel Knight

I never got to review this until now, but I have to say, this is really shiny and sharp work here! You could make some seriously good sprites. Good job.

ARandomLake responds:

Thank you, ill do my best to keep making good looking sprites

That Handsome Devil That Handsome Devil

Don't listen to the last reviewer, he's being a troll probably. I personally disagree. They probably don't like anime. My only real complaint about this is the red parts of the blades dont really fit in , they don't have shading. The blades could use that too. However, everything else I do like. I can't agree to that white line though, it really doesn't fit. The hip on the left looks a bit off, but not gonna lie, her curvy figure has it going on. :D

I personally love the hair. The face though is the downside to this. The face could be fixed as it looks kinda warped. Good job though overall.

Ikaros223 responds:

Sorry I wasn't too on par with the shading I tried limiting myself with colors buuuuuut I immediately tried to mentally justify ways to "Sneak in" colors. I wanted to get the last submissions for pixel day. I'll do a redux, which shouldn't be too hard, and repost. Thanks for the feedback :D

Stranger Danger 2 Stranger Danger 2

Hey not bad! Pretty awesome actually. I can't wait to see the final game :)

deathink responds:

Me too man. The game play has gone through 3 completely different iterations at this point. The first two would have been great but some details made the game play superfluous so I decided to go back and focus on what matters.

Mystery Meat Mystery Meat

I'm not sure how to translate this piece, but it's kinda funny, and has some good details on it. I like the colors and shading. Good job!

Mecha Disco Stuff Mecha Disco Stuff

At first I couldnt believe this was all pixels, but then i zoomed in, and I am amazed at how you did this. This is seriously amazing. However, one thing I will say, is the shading on the car looks a bit too smooth and doesn't blend as well as it could. Really it's mostly the shadows and shiny parts that make it look like a painting more than pixel art. But overall, amazing job! This is pretty and would make an awesome game cover.

ExCharny responds:

Now when you mentioned it, I can see it as well. Thank you very much man.

Pixel Dave & Carl Pixel Dave & Carl

Hmm....not bad, but really could use more detail. Nice tribute piece though. Happy Pixel Day to you as well good sir!

ChazDude responds:

Yeah, I only whipped this up in under an hour. HPD to you too!

Mad Max Fury Road: The Game Mad Max Fury Road: The Game

If this were really a game, this would be pretty rad! Definitely captures the feel of old arcade games, and has some pretty impressive shading. Good job!

Indian Runner Duck Indian Runner Duck

Now that's impressive. This probably took a lot of work. You did a good job on the shading, and capturing the vibe of every location...but I feel the desert sand could have used shading on it, more details. But as you said, you didn't finish it. But, great job on it! It's cute, comical, and pretty nice to look at.

Gypsy Wagon Gypsy Wagon

Not bad! Good job on the animating. Reminds me of some old computer games. I like what you did here, though I feel there could be more shading in some areas to blend in more. The shading you have done is good, but the piece overall could use a bit more of it on the trees and wagon. Good job though, captures the vibe of old point 'n' clickers! I loved those.