All 173 art Reviews

i think i'm starting to like where this is going on i think i'm starting to like where this is going on

Some people might look past this, but I'm highly impressed by the detail and yet variety of colors on the skull head. That is awesome. This is a really vivid vibrant detailed piece that looks like it would make an awesome cover of an old video game. Not to mention, you made a pixelated version of the Earth. My god....all that takes some serious skills! Amazing job.

New profile picture [PIXEL DAY] New profile picture [PIXEL DAY]

This is pretty good, and detailed. I'm not sure what you did to smooth out the pixels, but it doesn't look sharp, it looks more smooth, which kind of kills the vibe, looks more oily. Other than that, good use of shading and detail.

Arja responds:

Thanks for the review! ;D
The smoothing effect is commonly used in emulators in the effects tab. I like that effect, but I guess it is a personal preference.

I put a link in the desc to a more pixelated version.

Summer Break Summer Break

Ah I knew I could expect another comic from you on pixel day. You're probably one of the most active pixel artists on here. Lol sad truth of being an adult though, no summer breaks. T_T

DBuck-Eye responds:

Just put a second comic up 5 minutes after you saw this one, so I hope you like that too! I really enjoyed your music that you uploaded today :)

Portrait of Nathan Portrait of Nathan

Well, if you check tutorials, you'll see this isn't really pixel artwork sorry to say. But, it's still a cool piece! I imagine this took a lot of work. This to me looks like you used a spray paint tool (I could be mistaken though). I do understand the concept behind it though, and it is something I can appreciate.
This is really cool, good job. It would be awesome to see this on a wall outside a building somewhere.

CameronMc responds:

No worries about this not being included in anything official, I was just doing my thing and thought it might be interesting. I appreciate your review and the interest! I used variations of a round brush and the "dither" layer style in photoshop, which is basicly a more powerful spray paint tool haha.

And yeah, this is definitely very graphic with the blue/red! The more I think about it the more one color seems like the best way to showcase the texture though.

Thanks for the support man!

NG20 NG20

Not bad! I feel like it would look better with 3 or 4 frames rather than two, but hey, at least it moves and is still cool. Not bad. One problem though is the green knight's head isn't moving with the others. This is a cute piece though! Blockhead has always been one of my favorite characters.

b0em responds:

Thank you! I agree with the frames, but I simply did not have the time to make more. Uploaded this at 5 AM local time haha. Also the green knight's head was on purpose, tried to make it look like he's bobbing his head but I agree it looks kinda choppy because it stays in the same place.

Pixel EBF Pixel EBF

I'm surprised to see you participate for Pixel Day! I'm a fan of your work. Good job! Very well detailed and vibrant, yet not too vibrant. Would be cool if you made a sidescroller like this with pixel characters.

You know what would be really neat? A retro 2D-looking RPG style of Epic Battle Fantasy, made to look something like Final Fantasy 6 or something. Could be a cool changeup. Good job man!

matt-likes-swords responds:

I'd love to make a pixel art game! But I stick to what I'm good at so it'll probably never happen.

Dr. Bees Dr. Bees

I love you man. Hey, check your inbox yo! :P

Survivalist Survivalist

You're getting there, but needs more detail.

Pixels Again Pixels Again

There are some things off about this, but it's a good start! I love the shading and the shine effect displayed here. I would work on some of the outline as some of it cuts off in weird places, but I tihnk the main highlight is the head. Loving that hair. You'll get better with anatomy and such overtime. Good job.

Street Fighter tribute Street Fighter tribute

72? 72?!?! That's dedication my friend! Good job!

ionrayner responds:

Thanks a lot, RealFaction!