Follow Them! Follow Them!

I feel there's not enough in the structure melodically or instrument-wise. I feel it needs to be more. The mixing needs work as well. I don't know how to describe it but it sounds distant, probably because the bass overpowers everything and the drums especially are quiet. Keep goin at it, experience improves all. Thanks for submitting!

Maverickmode responds:

Thanks for the honest critique :). I will keep these things in mind for my next submission.

Final Boss Final Boss

The structure of the melody doesn't make much sense to me. It's kinda random and all over the place. The mixing isn't bad, but the structure is all over the place and no percussion when it feels like it could use it here.

Evilgrapez - Rainbow Resort Evilgrapez - Rainbow Resort

I feel it could be slightly louder, mixing needs a tiny bit of work, making things blend a little better,the synths and percussion sound a bit too separated in the mix if that makes sense. I like the elements here, but I probably would even replace the kick, it sounds too...thumpy. like hitting a cardboard box. Other than that, this is a pretty song, great job.

Evilgrapez responds:

Thanks. I agree with your comments about the volume and the mixing.

I kind of understand what you mean by the synths and the percussion sounding too separated. The synth sounds more retro-ish while the percussion is more modern.

I also agree on your view with the kick.

Thanks again!

Creo - Epilogue Creo - Epilogue

Very well mixed. The beginning though seems to have notes all over the place, but when it starts building up it makes a little more sense. I feel the lead melody could be more organized with the structure, but other than that, everything else is perfect. It's pretty. I wish I could mix like you do.

CreoMusic responds:

Thanks for your feedback. I was having similar thoughts towards the final draft (especially regarding the lead) but failed to come up with anything satisfactory so I just stuck with the closest fit. Cheers!

Electric Crickets Electric Crickets

I feel the beginning is too dragged out with the buildup and I lose interest easily. I feel it could build up just a little bit faster. When the drums come in, the groovin bass rockin the subs is nice. I feel some reverb could be added to some of the synths. 1:23 , very nice lead, but it's kinda sharp on the ears, maybe bring down the high end just a tiny bit.

Overall the piece is kinda repetitive, I feel could use some work but it has some cool elements about it. Just needs a little more variation and atmosphere. Good job though.

TenodiBoris responds:

Thank you very much for the review.It will help my future work to have an honest and thought through comments. I look forward for more of those ;)

DJ Cat - Pixel World (For Pixel Day 2017) DJ Cat - Pixel World (For Pixel Day 2017)

This kinda feels like there's notes all over the place, needs a bit more structure. I feel the kick and percussion overall could be brought up, the synths drown out the percussion too much. There's no structure to the melody I can see much of really.....the mixing isn't horrible but needs some work. Keep on going, experience from practice helps one improve. Thanks for submitting!

DJCat12 responds:

Thanks Faction :3, I will need some experience in this things, I can view the cause because this loop are one of the worst chiptunes of the pixel day :), but, we can improve, thanks guy, lets improve

Evil Cumbia Evil Cumbia

Not bad, I feel there's just a tiny bit too much reverb, which drowns the instruments a bit. Overal the melody isn't bad, but I feel could use a tiny bit more. Would work good in a game. Keep up the good work. Good mixing.

LexaHergon responds:

Thanks for listening.
I get what you mean on the melody side, I focused too much on the rhythm and neglected a bit the rest
I'll fix it all asap.

ChippyBeat Dungeon ChippyBeat Dungeon

Not bad, pretty nifty, but the synths are too loud, they overpower the drums and the bass synth is up too loud and overpowers everything else. I like the melody though, it's nice. (I already posted this in your blog but I'm leaving reviews for everyone). Thanks for submitting. :)

demon1000 responds:

Thanks RealFaction! I might have rushed this, sorry about that!

Chip In Your Step Chip In Your Step

Love this! It's addicting! Reminds me a little of Waterflame's work. Would work great in a game like a shop theme or something maybe hanging at someone's house. Not sure what to say but great mixing, love how the kick sounds especially and the bass. Catchy.

Chewing Gum Chewing Gum

Nice work on this. The bass is good especially. Nice, happy, upbeat tune. No complaints, not sure what to say about it. Nice chill vibe.

ShinsukeIto responds:

Cheers RealFaction! Hope to win next year >:)