AIM - Rothgar AIM - Rothgar

I love it! It reminds me of music from Diablo. It's a bit tame for the artwork in my opinion, but beautifully composed. Makes me think of where I live actually, it fits the scenery around here. It sounds like a country song sorta, and usually I don't like that sort of stuff but this I love. I love acoustic music. I can imagine someone singing over this. I love the harmonic plucks too, nice touch.

It's great how you managed to do an all organic song without samples. You're a talented guy. This could be used in a film or tv series like The Walking Dead. Beautiful song. :) Great job on the mixing too. I would've let the ending ring out a bit longer but that's my only complaint. Great job.

Ceevro responds:

Yeah...it was getting late, and I had an artifact caused by my wife taking a shower at the very end of the recording, and it was either wait until she finished, and record it again, or just kill the volume before the artifact kicked in...I made my choice.

But glad you liked it!

AIM - Purple Heart AIM - Purple Heart

I like the drums and the background arp synths going on, though i feel they are slightly too dry, which you could fix by adding reverb to the drums and the arp synth (the one that's tapping in the background). Mixing is pretty good too, but the bass synth I feel could use another layer or too, something to make it less simplistic and to make it pop more.

I could say this reflects the picture, considering I know what game series the character is from and this would go good in the game, and reflects her look well. But one real setback of this piece is the repetitiveness of it, it really needs more changeups to make it more interesting for the listener, but I easily get tired of it repeating the same melodies too much. 40 seconds in, that lead could be turned up a little more and you were going in an interesting direction, but then you took it out, why?

It was just about to get more interesting but that was such a sudden introduction to a new element and you took it right out, almost making it have no meaning in the song, it could have been a lot longer. An improved bass synth and less repetitive melody or so would bring this song's potential more. It's not a bad piece, but has room for much improvement. Not bad.

iorilicea responds:

Oki. That's the best I could. But, thanks for the advice and for your review.

AIM - A long way through winter AIM - A long way through winter

I feel the piano is a smidge too loud but just a little. Other than that, this is a perfect piece. It feels like a great way to open a movie. It painted a picture in my mind, inspired me in a way. It made me think of a man limping in the cold winter, after doing so much to get to his child's birthday party years after a divorce, trying to make it up to them for his wrongs. His car broke down, and he hitched some rides, and hikes some distance, but he made it.

This song brought tears to my eyes, which hardly any song has ever done. Very emotional, inspiring, atmospheric, beautiful. The melody, just...everything is perfect. What a beautiful, well-mixed, expressive song. It not only brings the artwork to life, it tells a story beyond it that can be interpreted by anyone. It gives you hope during hard times like my current life and my medical condition. Thank you. I love this piece. Great work.

Azhthar responds:

Wow! Thank you so much! This is the best feedback I´ve ever got for a piece of music which I made. That really means a lot to me... I don´t really know what to say...

AIM - New Dynasty AIM - New Dynasty

This is beautiful! But it's missing the low end on the drums for that impact, and needs some bass or low end strings to back it up. I like when the kick comes in, but it's lacking a bass synth or bassy strings. This reminds me a bit of Juno Reactor though, whom I'm a big fan of (if you've heard the 90's Mortal Kombat movie music, or music from The Matrix movies).

You've got some great mixing and it's a great start here, really the only thing I see missing is that bass synth or strings to back it up, it just leaves an empty layer of space that leaves too much open in my opinion. It feels it needs more to carry it than what it has, but like I said, this is pretty awesome for what it is presently. Good job!

BlueOceans responds:

I was aware of the overall lack of a bass presence; however, I left the that aspect for last, and unfortunately, my 6GB laptop couldn't handle an additional high quality plug in at that point (I couldn't even play the song in the DAW. I had to mix the song blindly). So I thought it would be best to leave it out.

But since it seems to be such a prominent flaw, I decided to go back into the project to see what I could do, and I managed to add a simple sub bass using 3xOsc. I hope this improves the experience for future listeners :)

Thanks for the review! And, I haven't heard of Juno Reactor before, but I found his music on youtube and I like the style!

AIM-Parallelepiped AIM-Parallelepiped

Well it definitely fits the picture, i like the percussion but I feel the melodic structure needs work, it's a bit repetitive, though i like the blips in the background. It sort of feels like the melody is all over the place until that short melody 57 seconds in. It almost feels structured in a good way but I'll say the highlight is the use of percussion and effects here. But it's really repetitive, I feel more time could have been taken in the writing of the melodic structure.

Not a bad start though.

Theepicosity responds:

The repetitive structure is probably due to this being my first 3 minute song.

AIM - Faith in Freedom AIM - Faith in Freedom

This is something original on it's own. This is amazing for cranking this out in one day. I'm shocked. It reminds me of the Ghost in the Shell anime soundtrack, as well as Quarl's and ForgottenDawn's music a bit. It definitely sounds like the Mirror's Edge soundtrack a bit too.

What I find more amazing is the fact you find so much inspiration making this in a car, and the fact you can make it in a car, having that patience. This my friend is amazing. Only thing I'll say is the melody throughout feels a little repetitive (mostly because it has the same feel throughout) but it's subtly progressive though.

This would make great music for a fight scene or chase scene. Great job. Definitely brings the art to life. I love the glitchy percussion flutters. It ends beautifully.

I0TA responds:

Inspiration can be very effective when come to music composition. When you don't have a lot of stuff in your life it can be quite daunting for most people. However I'm not a materialist, not the first time I'm homeless either, so I have more freedom to express myself. No bill to pay, no rent to worry. whenever I feel tired I'll just park it in some suburb, or next to a fast food joint, take a rip of your weed bong and just relax. this is how I get inspiration for any composition. Life can be very simple and still beautiful.

This took 6 hours btw. I was actually surprised it took me this long to make. Tracks like this usually take 4-5 hours top.

Thank you very much for your review, RealFaction!

Lunacy Lunacy

This is intense!!! I've been wanting to sing one of your other songs but I need to get my medical condition sorted out. 6 years...shit seriously! I've been going to a specialist getting test results this week I hope, we're close to solving it. That and working a lot suuucks. I love your music man, keep going! Only thing is that snare is blazing loud, i'd turn it down a bit, that's about it though, good work!

JDawg00100 responds:

Damn I'm sorry to hear that, once you're better I'm totally down to collaborate again! Thanks for the review man

Animation Voice Demo Animation Voice Demo

Good stuff man :) I think a few of the voices need work but good stuff, good quality.

iamsteve responds:

Thanks dude! Through time and experience, ones voice will only get more developed and mature. Thanks for the feedback!

Crown of Thorns Crown of Thorns

I can't say i like the drums or guitars, but damn i didn't know you could scream!!! Scream on some of my songs? I love your singing though. Maybe you could sing over some of my songs in the future sometime too :P

I like the vibe though and the background synths.

ADR3-N responds:

Yeah, guitars are shit and the drums are well written but so shit, lmao.

I'd be stoked to lend a voice though. Just lemme know and give me a reference. :)

The Shyning - Battle theme The Shyning - Battle theme

It's a shame you weren't scouted before Pixel Day, I'm really digging these tunes. Good ol MS-DOS point 'n' clicker days <3 a bit repetitive, but still a cool song. Good job on making it sound authentic.