Onyx Odyssey Onyx Odyssey

It feels a bit dry sorta, but has that MS-DOS kind of "dry" feel. I would turn down the high end on the lead though just a tiny bit so it doesnt hurt the ears. I'd turn up the lowend on the bass and the kick and turn up the snare, to make all this pop more. Not bad, but feels kinda empty as is, but mixing would help that, maybe even add another synth. Not bad. Good job.

DigitalBluez responds:

Thanks. Will do in the final version of the album. :D

One Last Run (Pixel Day) One Last Run (Pixel Day)

Pretty awesome! Though I would have replaced the snare with something less similar to the kick drum and added more hihat to it. Other than that, it's pretty awesome. Good job. I like the melody.

5TanLey responds:

k thx again :)

My happy world - Keypat Reborn My happy world - Keypat Reborn

Nice job with the bass. But the drums...the snare smacks you think it's gonna come in, this doesn't....tha fuh? Cmon, ya can't tease me like that, gotta bring in those drums, would benefit this track HIGHLY. That's the only thing I see missing here, not bad. Not bad.

Keypat responds:

Glad you like it, you're right, I guess I just wanted to not use that many sounds to stick with the tradional sound of circus charlie

Last Life Last Life

This is a very interesting experiment with sound manipulation. I like the synths. The mixing needs a little more on the low end with the kick, and boosting the drums a little, to bring out the best qualities that are dying to be shown more. Not bad, could be longer, but feels...incomplete. Leaves me wanting more. You should extend this interesting piece. I would turn the beginning sound down just a tad though.

Psychknight responds:

All of the sounds were made with magical8bitPlug, with one exception being the "snare", which was simply made with a single oscillator in reFX Vanguard.

Thanks for your feedback!

King Karkhad King Karkhad

The attack is a bit slow on the strings pad synth (second synth that comes in). I do love that synth though, very reminiscent of old N64 games. I don't think the first synth blends with it well though. I feel this needs more layers and such, Zelda is a good example to learn from. And Chrono Trigger.

It's a bit too repetitive though, needs more variation, but overall the melody is a nice start just needs more layers and the synths needs slightly better mixing, but overall the mix feels empty. Almost there, just need to add that percussion, more variation, and more background instruments. Keep it up! Thanks for participating!

Iori Licea - Happy Birthday Iori Licea - Happy Birthday

I like the percussion here better than your other piece. But the kick is loud and doesn't have enough low end on it, gotta make it boom a little. I say loud, but then when the other instruments come in it's about the right volume, just missing thump, and the snare is drowned out, need to bring that up.

Like your other piece, this one is also repetitive. Somewhat better mixing but still dealing with low mid issues in the synths again. Also, I feel you could have used some better synths and layered this better. However, I am digging that bass. Needs to come up just a little though. This is better slightly than your other track but also needs work.

Hope this helps.

Iori Licea - Chiptune World Iori Licea - Chiptune World

The very beginning; there's too much low mid in the mix, kinda hurts the ears. That can cause headaches from too much exposure to that (not meant to be insulting, but a fact about the frequency used there). I feel the percussion needs to be replaced with better samples, and overall this piece is really repetitive, it needs changeups, and overall ...better synths. Keep trying though, took me many years to get what I consider "good", took me forever to finally be happy with music I make.

Thanks for participating and submitting, keep going.

I'm Evil feat. Virginia Slimm I'm Evil feat. Virginia Slimm

This is nice, though it's a remix so has to be disqualified, but you should mention that it's a remix of lyrics, so not entirely original. Even still, the instrumentation of this song is really awesome and I like what you did by bitcrushing the vocals. Nice touch. This is a neat song. Splendid job with everything.

Happy Pulse Happy Pulse

In the first 30 seconds, there's some notes that clash with the background, but at 45 seconds in, that lead synth is way too loud and feels like it doesn't fit in the song at all. I'd leave it out, it hurts the ears with the way it's mixed too.

Overall this song feels a bit repetitive but if it wasn't for that blaring lead synth, and with a bit of work on the mixing, this would make a nice ending song for a game. Nice work other than that.

Give up with us Give up with us

Reminds me of Sega Genesis music, sounds cool. The mixing needs a bit of work, to sound clearer, but I like the melody. I feel the bass could be in the places it isn't though. Also reminds me of MS-DOS days. Anyhow, good work, keep at it.