Minute of Rage Minute of Rage

I already posted this comment in one of your posts but not sure what else to say about it.

I really like it but I feel it needs improvements. My issue mainly is with the statues on the sides that shoot stuff, it comes without much warning (same with the disappearing blocks), and is harder to see. The music, the drums and guitar don't match in rhythm with the time, it's offtime, not alligned, it's hard to listen to. It's a nice track but if those were synced up together better would be nice to listen to.

Other than that, great artwork, great gameplay, challenging! I love it. Controls are great and the gamepad compatibility makes it even better. I can't see the text show up in Firefox so I had to use Google Chrome to play it.

Wolod responds:

Thanks for playing! I'm really glad that you enjoyed it.

Thanks for the feedback.
Rapid statues and block animations are part of the hardcore gameplay. This stuff is not so hard to dodge once you get used to it.
Music isn't perfect, but I'm not a musician, you know :D I'll consider using some help in the future. There so many talented guys here on the audio portal.
I've checked Firefox issue already. Everything works fine on the latest version 50.1.0.

Hurdle Turtle Forever Hurdle Turtle Forever

Some of the commens mention what I would have said, but overall nice graphics, nice gameplay, but it feelslike the same game just more like a collection of the same game with different backgrounds. It's not bad but feel it needs a changeup. Also the high price for unlocking isn't rewarding it feels too intimidating to want to keep playing. If it were more like 20 or 30, that would be better. I like the music, overall nice job just needs some tweaking.

Fella's Adventure Fella's Adventure

Honestly....I feel this has been done a lot. It's a basic avoiding game....seen a lot of em honestly. The music is okay but didn't see it credited unless I missed that. It's alright, but...needs a lot more.

Drill away Drill away

It's hard for me to play this game, I have a high end computer but after every game over it freezes my computer up for like 10 seconds or so. The gameplay....moving around is weird, I find it hard to play. I feel the graphics could use some work but not bad, but gameplay and bugs could be fixed. Not bad though but...need work.

Ghoulers responds:

Yeah, sorry about that.
I agree actually, this is a pretty bad game, though it could be better if i would work on it some more, sadly i'm completely busy at the moment and i can't make some time for this game and its bugs.
Anyway, thanks for the review :)

Donald's Adventure Demo Donald's Adventure Demo

Can't wait to see this when it's done. Wouldn't have qualified because of the characters but it's still pleasing to look at, listen to, and is pretty damn funny. XD Please finish this and let me know when it's done?

Cyber Remix Cyber Remix

Love the graphics, and I like the music and symbolism but the 3rd minigame kinda ....bothered me and left me confused. I feel like at the end of each game there should be some explanation as to what's going on. The first game made sense to me, but the others didn't. Also there should be a seizure warning for the bonus game (but warning at the start of the game overall).

Can you explain what all this is exactly? Not much context besides the case study thing which I found interesting. It left me confused, but is interesting. It had some fun minigames, but the "terrorist" minigame just...it really bothers me. Also, it's too hard, it's annoying to get shocked every other second, I feel that could be toned down a bit.

Well programmed and drawn, but I feel could use more explanation. Most important, not even a tutorial was given so it was kinda annoying to figure out the controls. You should add that in. Nice work though.

Gurgie responds:

Thanks for the review!

Most of my recent games here are from my experiment Gurgosus (collectible QR code cards that work/look like famicom cartridges) modified to fit newgrounds. The design in these games is inappropriate, kitschy (high inspiration in cheap famicom bootlegs, popular in my country in the 90's), memory based and sometimes unforgiving to fit the lore.

This one, Cyber Remix, is based on my friend and tuber Cyber Marian. He did let me make his "licensed game", but didn't engage in my creative process that much. In his videos he often wears different costumes, like mafioso, gardener, boxer etc. as a joke. That could be interpreted as a mental disorder, so I did, and made this game using that concept.

All of the minigames use other games from my console (Happy, Spectre Hounds and An Hero) with modified graphics to fit the character Marian. It was designed to be a tournament game for my platform, and I organized tournaments a few times at conventions.

The terrorist one is based on his gadget "Cyber Glasses", and the player is eliminating anyone not wearing these - the non believers of his work.

In the future I will make sure the newgrounds versions of these games fits newgrounds standards better (obviously, I plan making newgrounds specific games as well :p). Thank you.

CH8: Cyber Origins (part 1) CH8: Cyber Origins (part 1)

Though this isn't bad, I'm kinda surprised it's...almost the same game as last year. I was hoping for something new. I will say the bosses were challenging but....not a fan of the music used. The gameplay is still good.

Battle Ground Battle Ground

I really like the graphics! But wheres the sound? I like the manual how you can scroll up and down, but...the letters are WAY too big and strainful to look at, I'd make them a lot smaller like normal text reading. The character moves wayyy too slow though, and I feel the enemies could move a bit faster too. I found myself quitting after 30 seconds due to how slow the character is.

Give yourself more time when submitting a game for a holiday, plenty of time, even if you think you don't need it. You should finish this game, I want to see what it looks like when it's done! :) Though, you should replace the text in the score counter and coin counter with a basic pixel font over what you have. This game has potential but I don't know what to expect in the gameplay besides shooting. You say it's tower defense, so I assume there will be upgradable towers?

It just looks like a shooter to me, but it's somewhat fun. If you were to add towers and upgrades, putting places in the field where to place a tower along with the other weapons you get, would make for a fun game. Keep workin on it! :)

Bad Boys Bad Boys

Not bad! It's fast, it's furious, and has nice graphics. My only real complaint is the music isn't that loud and it sounds compressed so lossy quality is reflected, could have better quality in the sound, but I like the music itself. Not bad at all, nice job.

Avoid Sameness Avoid Sameness

Not bad but theres no tutorial on this....not good. I like the music though. The graphics could use a little work. Also, when you die, and restart the game, there's two overlapping tracks of the music. This is a nice concept of a game but I feel it could be tweaked to be better, and have a little more depth.

AwesomeAndreas responds: