Being Social Being Social

The definition of Anxiety. I am pretty socially awkward in public sometimes, unless it's something I can jump into, otherwise, I don't know how to approach, this is me all the time. I feel ya. Good animation and everything. Nice little short.

Ed, Edd n Eddy in 2017 Ed, Edd n Eddy in 2017

Amen. I hate whenever I hang out with people this is all that happens, and at concerts too apparently. Also as a huge fan of the show, I gotta say you did a bang up job animating this.

90s As Fuck! 90s As Fuck!

I was a 90's kid and this is crackin me the hell up. Haha. I'll admit I'm guilty of that sometimes but I don't like shove it down people's throats like some people do. But, its fandoms, timeless things go on for years <3

If I were one thing I could pick from the 90's that I absolutely loved (when I actually saw it back then), Power Rangers, or when Disney Channel was actually good with quality animated shows, when DC was actually cool to watch instead of the garbage on there now. Also, N64 and SNES.

One thing I'm gonna remember from the last 10 years is Stranger Things, and freakin' Breaking Bad. Then we'll have 00's/10's nostalgia. Nostalgia can be overannoying sometimes, but when it's nice, it's nice. :D You should do a sequel on the 2000's, hilarious stuff to pull from that too :P Good job.

Original Anime Short Scene Original Anime Short Scene

Near perfect, only complaint is how the mouths move are a bit of fbecause they're missing a frame or two inbetween opening and closing frames. Other than that, you're one of my new favorites. Can't wait to see it all.

BestofNesia responds:

Thanks! I'm thinking of re animating the mouth movements for that part since it's not as smooth as other parts of the episode so far.

BEST CARTOON EVER? (ISAAC AND QUINCY) (pixelday2017) BEST CARTOON EVER? (ISAAC AND QUINCY) (pixelday2017)

Hilarious, and shows how much of a masterpiece pixel art can be. Great voice acting, music, and original characters. It's amazing you can get all this composed, drawn, animated, and all that. You guys are multitalented. It's amazing to me. Also amazing you got the voice actors you did. Great job. The fact you made this in a year is insane. Way to go!

teaandcheese responds:

The Vocation - PixelPalas The Vocation - PixelPalas

I thought this one was a nice reference to roguelike games. That pokemon reference kinda made me think "well that doesn't make sense" until he caught the big monster, with the other classes fighting him weakly, THEN it made perfect sense. Now that was funny. Great job. <3 Great animation, good music, but I have a little problem with the pokemon songs being used so...I have to disqualify this one for that, and that non-original characters like Pikachu were used, but other than that, I loved this, I love your other animation as well (which is still qualified). Awesome job! :)

Dwarf's Rage Dwarf's Rage

Love the animation, overall it has some comedy, so I chuckled a bit, but I didn't see the point, I feel it needed a bit more context and a little more than the short 47 seconds we have here. It's quality in art, music, and sounds, but the writin needs a little work. Still kinda funny though. Good job.

NickUrs responds:

Thanks! Sure. It will be better in next time! ;-)

Platformer Pests 2 Platformer Pests 2

Artwork is good, but I kind of feel the opening voice wasn't needed, the text explains it all. It messes with the flow of narraration since you switch without a voice. Also the second song that loops gets interrupted, making for not a smooth loop. Also, some of the text kinda jumps fast before I get a chance to read the story so it feels rushed and I don't want to pause to read it.

The animation and art I like, but the close up shots like around 3:24 really put off the vibe with the changing art style, throws it off. The writing needs a lot of work. It feels like it just drags on and doesn't really keep my attention, sadly. I like the music. Also the fact the voice actors are missing makes this look incomplete and overall not as good as it could be.

If you had all the voices, the text wouldnt even be necessary through most of it, it's kinda annoying to listen to a voice and look at the text at the same time. Good choice of music though and pleasing, some things to work on, voice actor audio quality needs work instead of sounding compressed, I feel like this could be uploaded in HD.

Keep on workin, you'll improve as you go, it's cool you got to collab with all these great folks, and make something with original characters.

thepixelizer responds:

I mainly added text boxes because not all of my characters have mouths, without them it would be hard to tell which characters are talking, the Narrator was mostly put there as a hook, because reading a bunch of text at the beginning might have been boring.

Well I'm glad you liked the character designs and music choices, I never noticed that the higher resolution close up sprites would be jarring thanks for that call.

Sorry for the dragging, but good news, the next episode will have more action.

Thanks for the review it really helps.

Making a Legendary Sword - PixelPalas Making a Legendary Sword - PixelPalas

Very pleasing to the eyes, great animation, great use of sound effects and humor, it's like playing a game without playing it, in the sense it's fun to watch. :) I like the music too. Great job!

Retro Maniac (Pixel Day) Retro Maniac (Pixel Day)

Well, we were aiming for original content, not characters from games, and the music used in this is kinda copyrighted and not credited in the credits, as far as I know. :/ Credits are important, always, but even then, can't use music from games. The 3D was okay but...needs work, and it was a bit short and...I can't say I enjoyed it personally...I'm sorry. :c I'll have to disqualify this for stolen music and referring to copyrighted characters...sorry.

I appreciate you contributing to the holiday though, makes me happy that people do. Keep workin hard and keep improvin, never give up and keep goin doing what you love! :)

JoshuaCrown responds:

About the Characters
Sorry about that, i realised a little late that i needed original characters and knew i would be disqualified. i didn't realise tagging it with pixelday would make you still have to review it, sorry.

For the Music
The two songs i used were from Opengameart under the creative commons Zero (cc0) license which does not require attribution.
I still tried to attributed them but had trouble finding the links(songs) again

But if you meant the contra and sunset riders sound effects at the start, again my sincere apologies for that, i was trying to use them as easter egg references to their respective games, but i will edit them out and update the movie file.

About the 3D
This was my first time trying pixel art so i agree that i still need a lot of practise and improvement. Thanks for pointing it out.

Disqualification
No need to apologise it is fine :D

And thank you so much for the encouraging words at the end